"Energy and Persistance Conquer all things!" ~ Benjamin Franklin


Monday, May 3, 2010

Whew! What a Week!

Wow, what a week! Personally, my week was filled to the brim. In fact, I found myself in tears on more than one occasion feeling totally overwhelmed. This was the week to make the college decision for my daughter. We waited until the 11th hour factoring in all we could and praying and trusting that the decision we made was going to be the right one. As a struggling single parent, this was probably one of the more difficult things I've had to do, knowing that we would have to once again step out in faith for the deposit and then pray all the money we need comes in so she can actually attend the school she selected. When it was all said and done, at 11:00PM on Thursday night, the decision to attend Shenandoah University was made, AND the deposit was sent! Prayerfully everything else will come together, it somehow always does. I'll keep you posted.

For all the single parents out there who are struggling to make ends meet to ensure their children have opportunities for a better life. Let me take a moment to encourage you. IT IS ALL WORTH IT! I am so proud of my babygirl! She had schools calling her day and night, sending personal notes and letters, increasing her award packages...it was unbelievable! And when she spoke with department heads, she did it with such grace and maturity! I am so honored to have her as my daughter and look forward to all that life will offer her in the days and years ahead. 

Besides all the stuff going on at home, this week was a Challenge week for sure! In addition to the workouts and weigh-in, we made our way to Potomac River Running (PRR) to get our fabulous NEW running shoes! That took us out of the house FIVE days this week (M-F). Norm said we got to see him more than his wife did this week. Sorry Ms. Norm! Thanks for sharing him!

But in the end it was all worth it! Our weigh in brought more cheers, smiles and high fives, and the workouts...Whew! At one point during our spinning session I tried to convince the team to peddle faster, hoping our bikes would dismount and we would sail our way to the McDonald's for a Shake! That of course didn't happen (thankfully).

And then there was the trek to the mall to get the Prom Shoes and the Cinnabuns...are you starting to see a theme here? So instead of me burying my face in what was sure to be a sweet treat, I thought about my team and how hard we are working and decided watch my son's daughter (I'm too young and too fly to be a Grandma -you'll get that on the way home) enjoy her treat.  Instead, I we ate a healthy lunch at one of my favorite places, The Wild Onion, an all natural and organic hip new spot in Hyattsville, and then I made my way back to the gym to burn off my cravings! See you do have the power to change if you really want too. Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment