"Energy and Persistance Conquer all things!" ~ Benjamin Franklin


Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Family That Cooks Together...Wins!

Today was the Healthy Challenge Cook off Event at L'Academie de Cuisine and boy was it fun!
We were on the road traveling the Beltway at 7:30AM headed to cook our green bums off, and that we did! This was the last major challenge and we are neck and neck with the other teams heading into the final two weeks of the challenge. So as you can imagine, we needed and wanted this win. Given the fact that we had never actually cooked the three courses we selected (except for my entire afternoon of flan experiments to make the dessert more healthy while not compromising the flavor), we would have to really pull on our team spirit and the expert coaching from our L'Academie de Cuisine Chef, the marvelous Sandy! In the end it was another wonderful day in the life of the Green Team, who not only gets points added to our team finale totals, but won an outfit for the finale fashion show from Macy's AND French Cooking Classes from a distinguished top L'Academie de Cuisine Chef! HOW COOL IS THAT! So before I sign off to go for a run, I wanted to share the message I sent to my team mates with my thoughts for the day, and the days to ahead!


Thought for today:
Remember: The mightiest oak was once a little nut that held its ground.
~Excerpt taken from Gods Little Instruction Book Vol I,II,III

Alright Green! Way to Go!
Today we proved that pulling together and supporting each other, with the end in mind, was what really made the difference. The teamwork we displayed was beyond phenomenal. It was awesome the way we were able to successfully communicate with each other and prepare and send out a healthy meal fit for a King (or top chef)! When you looked around our station, things were happening like clockwork. We made it look like we had done it before and it was just another walk in the park.

The laughter, the fun, and even the few tense moments showed that every joint supported each other and supplied the need!

I know I say it all the time, but I am so proud to be part of this group! I've learned so much about myself and who I can be, each time we are put to the test.

Thank you for letting our love for each other spill over onto the other teams and the family and friends that came out to cheer us on. You made my friend Robin and Chancey (the student from my school who wants to be the head Chef for the President when he grows up) feel super special!

We are in the home stretch. Let's stay focused on our goal all the way to the finish line. Don't be afraid of the pressure. Remember that pressure is what turns a lump of coal into a diamond! We can do this, we are doing this, we WILL do this!

See you guys on Monday!
Smooches,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment