"Energy and Persistance Conquer all things!" ~ Benjamin Franklin


Sunday, April 18, 2010

GREEN means GO!!!

The momentum was high as we greeted each other at the Gazette 2010 Healthy Challenge kickoff event. It was held at the Besthesda Double Tree Hotel, oddly a place that I have never been before. I can't wait to enjoy a lovely dinner in their posh restaurant! We arrived to a room full of team colored balloons, tables full of wonderful Medifast samples, a delicious (and nutritious) healthy spread, and bottles of much needed "Drink More Water " lining almost every table! It was also incredible to see all the family and friends that showed up in their spirit wear colors to cheer their teams on. I was so thrilled to see my best friend and sister, Robin, my personal cheerleader Barbara, and most importantly my beautiful daughter, Harmony, standing there waving at me when they asked us to say a little something about ourselves. She is such and inspiration and motivation for me. I always tell her when I grow up I wanna be just like her!
Looking at her caused me to choke up a bit because I know just how far we've come as a family to even get to this point. Being a single parent is certainly not easy, but knowing that she will soon be off to college to pursue her dreams and is becoming the awesome woman she was created to be always brings tears to my eyes. What a blessing!

Ok, sorry I got caught up in the moment again back to the point. Cliff, from the Gazette, made sure the evening was full of surprises. We had visits from County officials, representatives from all of our wonderful sponsors, and flashing cameras everywhere you turned. It was like being at a Hollywood premier! And just like the premiers, everyone of the 15 contestants when home with something!

We were given $100 gift certificate to Potomac River Running to use toward the purchase of new running shoes (OMG!- I can't tell you how much money I spent on running shoes training for my first Marine Corp Marathon), free hypnosis services, news that we would be getting water from our sponsor Drink More Water delivered to our home for the duration of the program, a blender from our friends at Medifast, and we laid eyes on our rock solid trainers Marie and DJ, owners of Fitness 4 Less, which will soon become our home away from home. I call the incline bench for my naps! Kidding, no napping in training, I know!
The night was amazing! This whole program is amazing! I still can't believe what a gift the 15 of us have been given! The best part was everyone was informed of the total amount of weight reduction as a team and as individuals! It was UNBELIEVABLE (if you haven't already, PLEASE start picking up those papers at the end of your driveway each week or log onto the website http://www.gazettehealthychallenge.net/ and read our success stories!)

I'll leave you with this last word...If I didn't think it was possible when I was selected, I certainly believe it now, the proof is in the pudding (Medifast Choc of course). Within a matter of a few short days I have added 4 new people to my family (love you Norm, Oteal, Lya, Charlene). I have round the clock information, instructions, support and guidance that is putting me on a path to making this the last time I ever have to worry about what is looking back at me in the mirror.
So the GREEN team is off and running, spirits high, energized and determined to make Prince George's County proud! Watch out y'all...Gazette Healthy Challenge 2010, the Prince George's Team is here to WIN!

4 comments:

  1. Yay... if you need help with the blog, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oteal, i met you at the track and in the target. I was trying to find the link to the fitsolutions challenge. could you send it to me? Thanks dawnmarcia@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, of course, a newcomer to this blog, but the author does not agree

    ReplyDelete