"Energy and Persistance Conquer all things!" ~ Benjamin Franklin


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let the Journey Begin

It's hard to believe we are at this place. The place where so many of us have been before. You know, the one where you get up in the morning and rush through your bathroom ritual hoping not to get a glance of yourself in the mirror. Who's idea was it to put a mirror in the bathroom anyway? Its bad enough it is first thing in the morning and my hair looks like Kramer from Seinfeld (no offense if you are reading this blog Kramer, you work that look!) And how about that full length mirror, that had to be created by a skinny vain supermodel! Who else would want to look at the total package, especially when you have to back up, then back up again just to see your entire body. If you are like me you'll try ANYTHING just to get the weight off and feel better about yourself. But what is there left to do????



Enter a challenge you say? Well that's exactly what we did! The five of us, along with countless other people who read the Gazette, decided enough was enough. We took the plunge and entered The 2010 Gazette Healthy Challenge Weight Loss Competition? (http://www.gazettehealthychallenge.net/)



After submitting an essay, along with our "why" story (and that dreaded picture), the journey to our transformation begins. After a series of interviews with a wonderful selection committee, made up of various Healthy Challenge sponsors and last year's incredible winner Jen Green, we were asked to come for a final interview where a decision would be made as to whether or not you would be selected as a member of one of the three competing teams.



I know for me, the week before the final interview was torture! I was so nervous and worried. I only told a few people, just in case I wasn't selected. I knew I would burst into tears, embarrass myself, and probably fall to the ground fists raised screaming WWWHHHYYYY????? and one of my true friends would have to come to the rescue and smack me across the face and tell me to suck it up and pull myself together. You know exactly who you are too. Fortunately for me, and the other members the GREEN TEAM, that didn't have to happen. Don't worry, I am certain that over the course of the Challenge's 12 weeks, I will have my share of embarrassing moments for you to read about.



Until then, "Let the Journey Begin"! We welcome you to follow our stories over the next 12 weeks. Stay tuned...Watch out mirror, here we come!! The GREEN TEAM is ready to make it happen!

1 comment: