"Energy and Persistance Conquer all things!" ~ Benjamin Franklin


Monday, April 26, 2010

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

The thought of the Monday morning grind is hard enough, then you add in rain and overcast skies. Yuk! Thank God for the support of the team. This morning a few emails were sent out and calls were made with our usual check in. It is so awesome to know that we can celebrate our successes, get excited, and when a member is down, encourage each other.

Like the weather, life sometimes becomes cloudy and rainy, but thankfully the sun does eventually shine. So today, I sit in a Panera with a wonderful friend talking about our dreams and ambitions. Our conversations bring the ray of sunshine that I need to get me through the rest of my day. It excites me to know that each day I'm alive I have brand new opportunities to be the best me I can be. The only difference is this time, so many are watching and waiting to see just what that means.

I had someone come up to me today and tell me how proud they were of us, and said, "You know we are counting on you guys (Prince George's Green Team) to represent and win this thing!" That was the coolest thing ever! It was certainly much better than the weirdo who recognized me in at the bus stop and gave me a play by play of the recent article. He asked me if I was married...I lied...and he put me on blast. Darn! Why did the bus have to be late on this particular day??

Anyway, today is filled with endless possibilities. new opportunities, and new goals to reach, despite the dreary weather.  So I'll suck it up, put my wonderful green shirt on and head to the gym! Weigh in tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. Keep truck'in on girl... you will be THERE before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green Team I am very proud of all of you and the efforts you have put forth to support one another. Candace you are doing an AWESOME job with the blog site. I really enjoy reading all of your entries they are so entertaining, inspirational, and encouraging. Thanks for sharing with all of us. PS. Look at your fan base increasing. "The man on the bus putting you on blast" HAHAHA that was such a funny story.

    ReplyDelete